Google
 

Mr. Educator Headline Animator

Sunday

Poll

The "straw" poll to the right is something that I often wonder about. As an elementary educator, I often hear from parents of my students that the work I am doing (as a teacher) is "honorable" work. If it wasn't for teachers we wouldn't have doctors, scientists, etc.

I could live blindly and believe that everyone respects and admire educators, but my life experiences tell me otherwise.

In college, I constantly found myself defending education as a major. I actually had a friend say to me "You are going to be a teacher? I thought you were smart in high school."

Now that I have been teaching a few years, I am so incredibly tired of hearing, "Well, you only work 8 months out of the year." Yes, I said 8, not 9. I teach over 9 months a year and then I start my full time summer job the Monday following the last day of school.

Please vote to the right!

No comments: